- This event has passed.
Virtual Lunch + Learn: Cybersecurity for Startups
December 2, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
About this Event
When: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 from12:00pm to 1:00pm
Where: via Zoom (a link will be sent to you at 10:00am, December 2)
Join us at 12:00pm on Wednesday, December 2, where you will hear from Robert Davidson, Director, Data Analytics + Research at ICTC about Cybersecurity for Startups.
In the day and age of hackers and digital information leaks, protecting yours and your customers’ personal data has never been more important. There are a variety of security measures, best practices and regulations that are required to safeguard and secure your company’s information, to better prevent against data leakage online.
During this lunch and learn, Robert will cover:
- How to protect your company’s personal information
- How to protect your customer information
- What security measures/best practices should be taken when creating your tech product
- What regulations are required when handling third-party personal information
- Best safe practices for your team/startup
- Potential impact of proposed Federal data privacy legislation
Robert is a 30-year seasoned veteran of the software industry and has excelled in senior roles ranging from Director of Marketing & Communications, VP of Product Management to Chief Technologist. He co-authored the research report Developing Cyber Talent for Canadian Critical Infrastructure – Road Transportation. Robert has spoken at national and international events on open data, responsible AI, cyber crime, and emerging technologies.