- This event has passed.
Nova Scotia Economic Outlook **note: fee associated
October 27 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
In these uncertain times, you can rely on APEC’s independent and concise economic insights to help you plan and prepare for 2021.
Join us online this fall for APEC’s annual business Outlook conference where we will focus on Atlantic Canada’s Economic Recovery from COVID-19. APEC’s in-house economists will share their economic outlook for each Atlantic province and address the key issues that will shape the region’s recovery. They will be joined by leading Canadian economists who will provide their perspective on important dimensions of the global and national outlook.
From October 27-November 5, 2020 APEC will host a series of five (5) outlook webinars. Speakers will provide answers to several questions that are critical to the recovery:
- Will the global and national economy boost or restrain Atlantic Canada’s recovery?
- How will slower rates of immigration, foreign workers and students impact business and economic growth?
- What are the prospects for those industries where output and employment are still well below previous levels?
- Will recent extensions of government support sustain consumer spending and prevent further job loss?
- How long can governments maintain their fiscal stimulus and how will we pay for the increased debt?
- What can we do to accelerate and strengthen the recovery?
- How and when should we open the Atlantic bubble to the rest of Canada?
- Will remote work continue and what will it mean for housing and office space?
- What are the bright spots and new opportunities in the midst of this pandemic?
Global & National Economic Outlook
a panel discussion with leading Canadian economists
October 27, 2020 (10 am – 11 am ADT)
Danielle Goldfarb, Head of Global Research,RIWI Corp.
Rebekah Young, Director, Fiscal & Provincial Economics,Scotiabank
Peter Norman, Vice President & Chief Economist,Altus Expert Services, Altus Group
Provincial & Regional Economic Outlook
October 29, 2020 – Nova Scotia
November 3, 2020 – Newfoundland & Labrador
November 4, 2020 – New Brunswick
November 5, 2020 – Prince Edward Island
All sessions are being held from 10 am – 11 am ADT/AST, via the Zoom webinar platform.