The Valley Regional Enterprise Network (Valley REN) works in collaboration with our municipal and First Nation partners and the Province of Nova Scotia to create a more prosperous Annapolis Valley, through increased business activity and the creation of a better business climate. Our regional partners are Glooscap First Nation, the Municipality of the County of Kings, the Municipality of the District of West Hants, and the Towns of Berwick, Kentville, Middleton, Windsor. Together with the Province, our partners provide oversight to the Valley REN Board of Directors, which is led by the regional business community.
Our Mission:The Valley Regional Enterprise Network’s mission is to lead and enable regional economic growth and prosperity. Serving the Annapolis Valley region as a whole, we are uniquely positioned to objectively address the economic and business development needs of the region as a whole without being confined to municipal boundaries. We are the “boots on the ground,” helping to link the private sector and public organizations around common objectives for regional economic progress.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of the Valley Regional Enterprise Network, the Connector Program will link qualified participants (Connectees) in the community with local business persons or government leaders (Connectors) who will volunteer their time to meet with participants and help them build their professional networks and secure meaningful employment. It is the intention of this program to support Nova Scotians with a specific focus on recent graduates, including international graduates, students who are approaching graduation and entering the labour force, the under/unemployed and newcomers to connect them with employers in their field of work.
This connection will expose participants to experienced professionals in their fields and inform them as to the job market and local opportunities, while exposing employers to a new source of talent to enhance their recruiting pools. Together, this effort is intended to match employment-ready individuals to local job opportunities to strengthen Nova Scotia’s workforce.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Valley Regional Enterprise Network staff and Community Stakeholders to administer and evaluate the Connector Program to advance the programs goals and objectives.
- Cultivate close working relationships with the local business community and post-secondary institutes to build a large network to support the Connector Program.
- Serve as the liaison between the Connector Program, community partners, post-secondary institutes, and business leaders.
- Follow the Valley Regional Enterprise Network’s Communications Plan.
- Create a strong reputation for supporting businesses, youth, new residents, international graduates, job seekers, etc.
- Manage the Connector Program database to ensure accuracy, integrity, and timely entry of data while achieving the required monthly reporting.
- Manage Valley Connector Program social media; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented person who works extremely well independently, while exercising good judgment, decision making and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interview skills; meet with and review candidates to determine suitability, identify ideal matches and outcomes, meets the expectation and requirements of internal and external clients
- A natural networker, someone who can easily meet people and instil a sense of confidence and engagement
- Collaborative and strategic thinker, who is committed to supporting a broad and diverse client base
- A strong understanding of the local business community and the needs of business, job seekers, and students
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, often in high-pressure situations
- Adept at fostering organizational and business relationships
- Excellent data management skills; ensure accuracy, integrity and timely entry of data
- Maintain confidentiality in communication with all participants
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Social Media; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
Flexibility: Willing to work some weekends and evenings.
Salary: $45,000 per annum
Qualifications and Education: Post-secondary degree, preferably in Business Administration, Human Services, Human Resources, Recruitment or related field, or a suitable combination of education and experience, such as career development, human resources, business and entrepreneurship.
Experience: 3-5 years’ work experience, preferably in career, community, or business development or related field.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00pm, Tuesday, September 3, 2019. We thank applicants in advance for their interest but advise that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com