Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Valley Regional Enterprise Network
This is an opportunity for a bold and respected business leader to advance economic development in the Annapolis Valley region of Nova Scotia through a new model of Regional Enterprise Networks that is supporting business growth outside the Halifax area.
The Valley Regional Enterprise Network (Valley REN) works in collaboration with our municipal and First Nation partners and the Province of Nova Scotia to create a more prosperous Annapolis Valley, through increased business investment, expansion, productivity and entrepreneurship. Our regional partners are Glooscap First Nation, the Municipality of the County of Kings, the Municipality of the District of West Hants, and the Towns of Berwick, Kentville, Middleton, Windsor and Wolfville. Together with the Province, our partners provide oversight to the Valley REN Board of Directors, which is led by the regional business community.
We are seeking a highly engaged, entrepreneurial and hands-on leader with exceptional management skills and personal qualities to lead our organization as we advance the prosperity of the Annapolis Valley through creative strategies and innovative approaches.
- Full time, Permanent
- Reports to the Valley REN Board of Directors
- Skilled in all aspects of management
- Responsible for strategic initiatives, day-to-day operations and human resource management
- Builds and strengthens relationships with community stakeholders and partners
- Brings a proven track record of achieving results
Qualities & Abilities
- With a deep understanding of business, you are motivated by results and impact, willing to push boundaries and take bold steps to overcome obstacles, can initiate projects that challenge the status quo, and you are not afraid of risks or failure
- As an enthusiastic mentor and coach, you can manage and develop a high-performance team and set and achieve strategic objectives
- You are equally comfortable in environments ranging from the coffee shop to the boardroom
- You bring a reputation for unquestionable integrity, ethical behaviour and principles and demonstrate good judgment and objectivity
- You are respected as a long-term visionary thinker with business acumen and presence and a global mindset to inspire and motivate others to achieve a shared vision
- You have a deep appreciation of rural economies and culture
- Your communications skills (including listening, speaking and writing) are exceptional
- You are passionate and energetic about creating a more prosperous Annapolis Valley region, loyal to the cause, and willing to put in the time and effort beyond the compensation package
- As the face and voice of the Valley REN, you will build close and collaborative relationships with the business community, the three levels of government, funding partners and other stakeholders to achieve the goals of the Valley REN
- Through your pragmatic approach and strategic business sense, you will establish your credibility and gain the trust and respect of peers, partners and stakeholders
- You will develop strong relationships as you work with a range of stakeholders, including funding partners, clients, industry groups, business leaders, government, media, Board members and employees
- 10 years of progressive business leadership experience, preferably with 5 years at a senior level
- Experience working with boards of directors and a complete understanding of organizational governance
- Permanent residence in the Annapolis Valley or willing to relocate
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Clean criminal record
From $100,000 to $120,000, plus benefits package.
Please send your resume and cover letter by noon on December 15, 2017 to:
Coby Milne, interim CEO
Valley Regional Enterprise Network
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.