CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
FOR THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
In 2013, Regional Enterprise Networks (RENs) were launched by the Province of Nova Scotia and partnering municipalities and First Nation communities to guide and navigate regional economic development while providing support to businesses. (For more background, see Renewing Regional Economic Development in Nova Scotia – RDA Review Panel, 2012.)
Led by a business-driven Board of Directors, the Valley Regional Enterprise Network operates as a connector among economic development partners, supports business growth and retention, and provides regional leadership on economic priorities.
- Develop, implement and monitor a regional strategy for economic development consistent with provincial and municipal economic development priorities and opportunities.
- Support business growth in communities.
- Exhibit the role as regional connector, navigator and facilitator of economic development activity among partners.
- Act on focused plans responsive to regional economic conditions.
- Lead an innovative approach to regional economic development that balances priorities and sectoral strengths with provincial and municipal priorities.
The board plays a key role in leading a three-year Regional Economic Development Strategy, building strong strategic relationships and founding a strong organizational framework. Responsibilities include: managing the chief executive officer; providing strong financial stewardship; setting and monitoring performance measures; and effectively communicating, or advocating, on behalf of regional interests.
Ideally, the Board will be comprised of a team of leaders with combined skills and experience in business, industry, corporate governance, financial stewardship, strategic planning, communications, partnership development, stakeholder relations, and expertise in law, accounting, human resources, economic development and entrepreneurship.
INQUIRIES and APPLICATIONS can be sent to email@example.com
For more information, please contact the Chief Administrative Officer in your municipality or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Friday, August 25, 2017.
The Valley REN is an inter-municipal corporation led by a private-sector board. We support business growth and guide economic development in the Annapolis Valley on behalf of our regional partners and the Province of Nova Scotia. Our regional partners are Glooscap First Nation, the municipalities of the County of Kings and the District of West Hants, and the Towns of Berwick, Kentville, Middleton, Windsor and Wolfville.